menu click


Completion House, Inc. dba
Turning Point Recovery Centers
Privacy Notice
For Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs
Effective December 16, 2014


Understanding the type of information we have. We get information about you when you are admitted for treatment at one of our facilities.

Our Privacy Commitment to You. We do care about your privacy. The information we collect about you is private. We are required to give you a notice of our privacy practices. Only people who have both the need and the legal right may see your information. Unless you have given us permission in writing, we will only disclose your information for purposes of treatment, payment, business operations or when we are required by law to do so.

  • Treatment- We may disclose information about you to coordinate your care. For example your counselor may consult with other clinicians at our facilities regarding your treatment.

  • Payment- We may use and disclose information so the care you get can be properly billed and paid for. For example, we may provide your insurer with treatment information before they pay the bill.

  • Business Operations- We may need to use and disclose information for our business operations. For example, we may use information to review the quality of care you receive.

  • Exceptions- For certain kinds of records, your permission may be needed even for release for treatment, payment and business operations.
  • As Required by Law- We will release information when required by law to do so. Examples of such releases would be for law enforcement or national security purposes, subpoenas or other court orders, communicable disease reporting, review of our activities by government agencies, to avert a serious threat to health or safety or other emergencies.

  • With Your Permission- If you give us permission in writing, we may use and disclose you personal information. If you give us permission, you have the right to change your mind and revoke it. This must me in writing too. We cannot take back any uses or disclosers already made with your permission.

Your Privacy Rights

You have the following rights regarding the health information that we have about you. Your request must be in writing to Turning Point Recovery Centers at the address below.

  • Your Right to Inspect and Copy- In most cases, you have the right to look at or get copies of your records. We have 60 days to respond to a properly submitted request. A fee may be charged to you for the cost of copying your records.

  • Your Right to Amend- You may ask us to change your records if you feel that there is a mistake. We can deny your request for certain reasons, but we must give you a reason for our denial.
  • Your Right to a List of Disclosures- You have the right to ask for a list of disclosures made after December 16, 2014. This list will not include time that the information was disclosed for treatment, payment, business operations, or when required by law. Also not included in this list will be those disclosures made directly to you or with your authorization.
  • Your Right to Request Restrictions on Our Use or Disclosure of Information- You have the right to ask for limits on how your information is used or disclosed. We are not required to agree to such request.

  • Your Right to Request Confidential Communications- You have the right to ask that we are aware information with you in a certain way or in a certain place. For example, you may ask us to send information to your work address instead of your home address. You do not have to explain the basis of your request.

Changes to this notice

We reserve the right to revise this notice at anytime. A revised notice will be effective for the medical information we already have about you as well as any other information we may receive in the future. We are required by law to comply with whatever notice is currently in effect.

How to Use Your Rights Under this Notice

If you want to use your rights under this notice, you may call or write us. If your request to us must be in writing, we will assist you in preparing your written request, if you desire.

  • Complaints and Communications to Us- If you want to exercise your rights under this notice or you wish to communicate with us about privacy issues or if you wish to file a complaint, you can write to;

Privacy Officer
Completion house, Inc.
54 Seneca
Pontiac, MI 48342
FAX: 248-836-0199

You will not be penalized for filing a complaint.

  • Complaints to the Federal Government- If you believe that your privacy rights have been violated, you have the right to file a complaint with the federal government. You may write to:

Office of Civil Rights
Dept. of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201
Phone: 866-627-7748
TTY: 886-788-4989

Email: ocrprivacy@hhs.gov

You will not be penalized for filing a complaint with the federal government. You have the right to receive an additional copy of this notice at any time.  Please call or write us to request a copy.

This Notice is available in other lnguages and alternative formats that meet the guidelines for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).

Esta notification esta disponible en otras lenguas y formatos diferentes que satisfacen las normas del Acta Americans with Disabilities (ADA).